"A breath of fresh air. Makes my heart feel good!"
רחל / "רוחות אקוסטיות" / אירוים / שעורים / תרפיה במוזיקה
Music for Events / Lessons / Hebrew / Therapeutic Music in Healthcare
Rahel is a woman of great faith, and she can cover many emotional bases through the language of music alone. A gifted, soulful songwriter and healing artist, she has a lot to say, and she says it well with a beautiful, diverse, collection of songs.
An acoustic-eclectic-ambient-folk-ethnic-world-roots sound with hints of jazz, Americana, Middle East blends, further East mantras and sometimes driving rhythms and sometimes gentle sounds. Beautiful progressive guitar-driven grooves fuse folk, contemporary, rock and world rhythms with strong expressive vocals to create a wealth of unique "free-verse" style award-winning songs.
- Funding may be available at:
NH State Council on the Arts;
N.E.F.A. (New England Foundation for the Arts)
N.E.S.T.(New England States Touring Artist)
RAHEL's musical versatility highlights a magnificent repertoire of melodic guitar finger styles and a myriad of genres. Early influences from the American folk music revival of the ‘60's and the Woodstock era of the ‘70's combine with a wealth of world tradition, sound and rhythm that have become integral to Rahel’s hypnotic sound. Growing up in beautiful New England and inspired by the guitar styles of James Taylor and Paul Simon; the perfect synchronicity of Peter Paul & Mary; the complex simplicity of Bob Dylan's prolific social commentary; the open tunings of Mary McCaslin and Joni Mitchell; and the exquisite vocal harmonies & creative meanderings of Crosby Stills & Nash, Rahel set out to emulate the masters. She learned their music and then created her own. The psychedelic sounds of rock icons including Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin and Santana fed more fuel to her fire. World travels and a twenty-two year residency in Israel fine-tuned Rahel's musical ears to a fusion of diverse multicultural blends of Jewish, Israeli, Middle Eastern and an array of world roots sounds and rhythms.
Experience the music of Rahel one song, one concert, and one CD at a time.
- RAHEL has been playing guitar since 1968 and professionally since 1976.
- RAHEL is easy to work with and available to help you plan a suitable musical menu for any event or occasion.
- RAHEL works with other musicians if you are interested in a duo, trio, band or ensemble (add flute, violin, bass, percussion and more).
- RAHEL is an expert in children’s music and therapeutic music for healing and transition.
- RAHEL plays on an assortment of traditional folk instruments such as the banjo, spoons, autoharp, dulcimer, and ukulele and can call a few International folk dances.